Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Cameraman, Not a Photographer

It's been almost a year since I've owned a camera. Anybody can own a DSLR these days, anybody stands the peer pressure of other DSLR/SLR purists pointing fingers at you to tell you how bad you are. How you wasted your money and not producing a masterpiece. Listen, as an outcast to an outcast (if you're one), don't listen to them. You find your own style. I've found mine. And it's not typical. It's funny to think how certain 'photographers' can say that when they don't even own a DSLR. Get a camera if you want one, and unleash your own stroke of art.

Okay, sad stories aside. Last weekend I just got my first wedding photography job! It was an eye-opener, and it's not an easy job either. I held a 70-200 mm on my D5000. My arms still ache from its weight until now. For my first job, I got RM50. I don't really pay attention to that, really. Experience are much more valuable.

Description : With a telephoto lens, any distant moments can be captured. The groom is wiping away the bride's sweat (not tears, mind you). It seems very conceptual and meaningful, as the baby was crying while the groom is wiping the bride's tears (as what our eyes perceived).


Description : The two kids were just about to meet for the first time as the boy made an aggresive move to pinch the girl's face. With a mix of luck, voila!


Description : That's a fat chance for any photographer or cameraman to do this kind of composition. They need to spot the moment quick, and adjust their cameras. In this case, I applied the Rule of Third while praying that the girl would stay on the baby's cheek a little longer.


That's a few teaser photographs I've decided to release, the rest will go straight to the photobook, specially to the clients. Improve my asset by giving me suggestions, will ya?

6 comments:

Syafiqah said...

well done chan,u are super awesome:)

Chan said...

omg! tenkiu2! =D

Unknown said...

hahaha.
just like what i've told u b4..

really love the kids pic.
lucky kn u dpt snap.
thumbs up !

Chan said...

tenkiu sgt2 for your support! hehe.

tu la, hinggakan bride tu sendiri pun minat gamba ni. haha. =P

Miss Mi said...

nicely done bro!~ i'm new to this whole taking-pictures thing.. hope you can gimme some advice.

Chan said...

Hey there! no prob. you can post your photos in your blog some time. we'll learn from each other. =)