Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Cockroach Hunter

I'm coined as 'cockroach hunter' in my cockroach-infested hostel. Yeah, my friends respect me for my cockroach killing methods. They can wake me up from my afternoon slumber just to hunt a baby cockroach running around in their room.

On one unfortunate night, I hunted down 3 or 4 cockroaches in half an hour. So I tried to find out where is the source of those cockroaches, they should have a 'home' somewhere, right? I figured it to be a large gaping hole above my housemate's bed. Imagine sleeping there and suddenly a cockroach flew down, landing in your mouth. How awesome is that?

I decided to save my friend's life, so I went up the bed with a bug spray. What would you do if you saw a cockroach standing idly by a hole and you were holding a bug spray that time? Spray it! And so I sprayed, and sounds of banging and scratching was heard in that hole, as if there are another giant cockroach in it. Before finding out what was it, I jumped down from the bed and crashed my head on the rack by accident but because of sudden rush of adrenaline, I feel no pain at all. My housemates were running for their lives because they were sitting in that room. One of my housemates even closed the door on another friend because whatever it is, it won't come out to find us. Only the poor guy in that room will suffer.

After things settled down, my friends opened the door to check out what happened in that room. There were feathers all over, so I figured that a pigeon misunderstood my spray as a hiss of -you know- snakes? The worst part is, the pigeon did not land down properly. It hit the fan before crash landing to the floor. The pigeon is still moving, but there were stomach all over under my friend's bed.

It was sad knowing that one of us have to perform a 'coup de grace' on that little bird. My friend carried the bird and put him down next to the surau, with hope that the pigeon will die a natural death. Why the surau, you ask? Because the area in surau is empty and there's no people passing by there. You wouldn't want other mischievious human to harm that poor little bird. After we cleaned up the blood pile in the room, I saw the little cockroach, still kicking the air.

I took up my friend's sneaker, and gave the cockroach a final blow.

2 comments:

tomkiddo said...

feel bad for the pigeon and those cockroaches :( hahaha...but FUN time :)

Chan said...

i feel bad for the pigeons but not the cockroaches. if i don't take em out, they'll kill me. lol