Friday, August 13, 2010

Whenever Rain Comes, Someone Dies

I woke up from drips of water that landed on my face. It was raining outside my window. I sat on the bed for a long time, rubbing away my sleepy face. Next to me is my laptop, and no one else was there. My friends were gone to enjoy their weekend of mid-term break. I stared around my hostel room and realized it was already dark, provided that it's still 3.30 PM.

Then I realized something else. Would it be like the horror movies: Whenever rain comes, someone dies? Is there someone hiding in my closet? Is it even human?

I prayed, and I prayed, hoping the rain will go away. I hope my parents would come fetch me earlier than any other day.

I would be a complete idiot if I turn on the lights since it's still noon. But it was already dark, and my manliness is at stake. I would laugh at myself for turning on the lights at 3.30 PM.

But today is a big exception. Today is Friday the 13th.

One push of my finger and the light is on.




P.S: I haven't open my closet yet.

10 comments:

Misya Idris said...

One, two, Freddy's coming for you.
Three, four, better lock your door.
Five, six, grab your crucifix.
Seven, eight, gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, never sleep again.

*boo*

Chan said...

alaa, jgn la mcm tu... nk amik maggi dr almari pun kene fikir 32 kali. haha

Unknown said...

Chan penakut ye ?
hahaha... I sgt2 suke dgn Friday the 13th today ni....

;p

Chan said...

hahaha. mesti laa, environment aku skg da ar x elok. ko best laa, da blik umah da. huhu. =(

tomkiddo said...

everybody, say YEAH to FRIDAY THE 13TH!! hhaha :D

and i won't pray for the rain to stop cause i love rain <3

if i was you, i would have been enjoying this darkness and goriness :D hehehe

it sounds like some kinda urban legends or something :D

Chan said...

yea rite. easy for you to say.

Unknown said...

hahaha... mse ak komen kt ko tu..
ak pn lom balik lg la..
kul 10.30 mlm td bru ak gerak..

skrg mmg da ad kt taiping la..

btw, Friday the 13th today ni..
birthday Mr.HeartGardenias saya...
sbb tu I Like... ;p

Chan said...

laaa.. patut ler.. haha. ucapkan belated happy birthday kat dia ek. =)

Dottie With Dots said...

Bro! You keep a skeleton in your closet? :P

Chan said...

hehe. everyone have skeletons in their closets, right? =P