Saturday, June 25, 2011

The First Roll

Attention, Sir Pok Deng. The Holga 135BC photos that you had requested is finally here!


Analogue Love



Description: This is by far my favourite photo. If you noticed, there's half frame of light leak and a photo of a yawning cat in the cage. Actually this was not intended, but sometimes unexplainable things happen with Holga.







Yellow Beetle


Description : Nothing much to say about this one, really. Walked around the neighbourhood and snapped this up. Went against multi-exposing it, and I had never regretted the results.







Signboard


Description : Shot this in anger when I realized I didn't wind the film roll properly, causing the whole 36 shots in the roll to be wasted.




Not bad for my first roll of Lomography CN 400. So far, the thing that I've learned is: Never shoot Holga indoors unless you have a flash unit. Nuff said.



For more photos, visit: Bodography's Analogue Love

6 comments:

Syafiqah said...

nice! more more more moreee! hehe..

p/s: where did u get ur photos developed? I'm always having trouble finding a place in and around shah alam:(

Chan said...

there's more in my FB album, check it out. =D

I got mine developed in Puncak Alam, Fujifilm. In Shah Alam, I would suggest you to go to Giant Shah Alam (near the stadium)

You can develop there, but it usually take one week.

Sir Pök Déng said...

Sweet!

Nice photos. Good boy, Holga. Good boy.

I have one question. Can we cuci the negatives at kedai gambar biasa? I am intrigued by the cross process part. I am wondering whether there should be a kedai gambar specialized in cuci gambar lomo in order to get the outcome.

Chan said...

I'm not so sure about cross-processing, but if u just wanna process holga negatives, then you can go to any film shop.

about the cross-process part, you can always ask the shops to see if they do tht.

Sir Pök Déng said...

Okay this question might sound dumb since I can figure the answer out myself.

If I were a person with not much cash in my wallet, do you think that purchasing a lomo camera is economical than the digital one? I am speaking about the price of the films and the cost that a lomographer needs to come out to develop the photos.

How much is the film?

Chan said...

that depends on how you use it and what you shoot. if you're using it casually then it's financially better than digital.

one pack (3 rolls in one pack) of lomography film costs around RM 40. developing and processing should cost around rm30 for each film.

lets say you would use one roll of film per month, you would have spent rm 30 for one month (excluding the price of the camera and the films).

but one thing about analogue photography is that, you don't expect to shoot as if you're using digital. otherwise it would cost you dearly.