Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Roaming The Streets

For this semester break, my parents promised to bring us out for a trip somewhere. And true enough, they kept to their words. We roamed the night streets at Jonker Street, Malacca when I was inspired to capture some street photographs with my new Prime Nikkor Lens 35 mm. Not having enough guts to capture people in almost point blank range (it's 35 mm, after all), I kinda failed at getting any good portraits of total strangers.


Lubitel 2



Description : Found this little baby in a second hand stall. In case you didn't know, this is a 60 years old TLR (Twin Reflex Lens) Camera and my brother had always wanted one of these. It was sold for RM150 there. Not having enough money that time, I asked permission from the vendor to take a photo of this before parting with it, giving up the chance to own it forever.



Siblings



Description : Sometimes, focusing too much on capturing photos during your holiday trip ruins your best memories of the trip. It is better to make memories than to record memories.


Stranded



Description : We were sitting in our car, waiting for the traffics to subside when I spotted this car stranded on the road. Having nothing to do at the time, I snapped it up. It was nothing good when I look at the LCD screen that time. But after I plugged my SD card into my laptop and began cropping it, I see a glimpse of perfection. Edited a little to make it look vintage, it is indeed a pretty sight! What a beautiful mistake.


Well, nothing much had happened during this semester break except coaching the KISAS drama team and also this trip to Malacca. Well, I'm looking forward for the semester to start already.

No comments: